Nothing much has changed in Nigeria; it continues to be a very needy country. This was made apparent during my last visit.
Areas of need include: acute unemployment — young unemployed college graduates roaming the streets and causing problems out of frustration; poor aging senior with no one to care for them; widows and orphans infested with poverty, families with no means of livelihood.
Our Plan: To address these needs, REST has a two-part proposal: Immediate & Future
- Creating a Micro Financing Initiative for the unemployed with agreements to pay back:
- Raise money to purchase equipment for young man to start business;
- Purchase tricycles for local taxis and transportation;
- Sewing machine for young entrepreneurs to start fashion business;
- Help start poultry and mini farming
- Continue to support orphans financially to go through school
- There are also chances to sponsor a child or children in need
B. The Future: Help to open a home for the elderly (This a long-term, future dream of the Ministry because of the cost involved).
To achieve these goals we need you to partner with us as some of you have in the past by:
- Ongoing donation
- One time donation
- Child sponsorship
- By donating in kind something usable or can be sold to raise funds
- And attending fundraising project early 2016. Details will follow soon